What is massage?
Benefits of Massage Therapy
Recently, more and more health benefits of massage have come to light, from increasing blood circulation to easing the effects of fibromyalgia.
The first reason to get a massage that people think of is relaxation and stress relief and we all want that, but there are other outcomes as well. Here are some results that many people have seen from massage:
- Increase of both white and red blood cells
- Improved circulation
- More energy
Increased endorphins (the body's natural pain killer)
- Improvement in areas of strains, sprains, fibrosis, spasms, and scar tissues.
- With diet and exercise, Massage may help to restore the contour of your body by reducing fat deposits.
- Helps keep muscles flexible in order for athletes to train at higher levels and decrease their injuries.
- More stabilized spine and increased benefits of chiropractic adjustments.
- Well nourished and healthy skin
Increased circulation of blood and lymph
- Relaxed muscles and increased joint mobility
- Improved immune system
- Eased general muscular tension and aches
- Relieved tension headaches
- Calmed muscular back pain
- Relieved tired and sore muscles
- Reduced anxiety
- Eased the pains and hormonal effects of pregnancy
- Therapeutic massage has also been shown to be effective in combating the negative effects of aging by helping keep body tissues and basic functions in a more youthful state.
With this vast, but abbreviated, list of benefits of massage, why havenít you called Body and Soul
to schedule one today?
Hosting & maintenance by Ideas That Work / Beyond Web Design